Privacy and anonymity
- With the ZeroVerse ID you can protect your privacy and anonymity here.
e.g. register your ID over BitMessage, and no one will ever know what kind of ZeroID you had before.
- Others can know when you sent a mail, and how many mails you sent.
BUT: they won't know to whom you sent it.
How are the mails protected?
- This end-to-end encrypted P2P messaging system uses:
- ECIES for secret exchange, and
- the encryption for messages is: AES-256 in CBC mode.
- More info here
After logging in: How can I test if mailing works?
1. The scenario below requires you
- to have logged in at mail@zeroverse with your ID (from ZeroVerse/ZeroID),
or the button for sending the mail ("Encrypt & Send message") will be not available (greyed out)!
2. So, let's test if mailing works:
- When you send a mail to here, you will get a reply instantly.
- In case this doesn't happen, please tell us. See the section "Further help" below
Do you have a tutorial?
What happens when I delete an email?
- The mail which the sender deletes is removed for both, sender AND receiver.
- 1. A sends to B a mail
- 2. A later deletes this mail
- 3. mail also disappears for B (it may take a little until it gets synced, but it will be deleted)
- 4. if step 2. wouldn't happen, and just B deletes the email: A still has the email
Where can I find a user list?
In short, see the elements from this poll.
- Click on "New message", and when you type a letter in the "To:"-field, a sample/random list of known users (who have this letter in their name) is shown.
(see also the picture in the tutorial)
- In case the user you want to mail to is not listed there:
that user has never used this mail system before, thus the system won't recognize this mail address.
- e.g. you may see this happen:
if you enter an @ after an username in the To:-field, the line is just blanked when pressing ENTER.
||This will be when you use mail@zeroverse with a new ZeroVerse ID.
Read more at What about privacy/anonymity ?
If you just log in with your existing ZeroID account, you can only enjoy the below advantages.
||ZeroMail has 48K, while mail@zeroverse has 78K as standard.
If you write many mails, as I do, you will love this. No more hitting max size limits like this, which exists in any ZN app/site.
If I know you well enough, it is no problem to increase this. I've given buddies upto 1953K.
||You are here, so you know this difference :-)
Check out also the picture tutorial
||With mail@zeroverse, providing the mail functionality and its responsibility isn't anymore in 1 single person's hands.
||I've added the blue style mostly as distinguisher, so people wouldn't get a "shock" that someone deleted their emails.
It should be visible that it is different. E.g. also the left navigation with the terms should signal this more.
The user asking this question, also asked:
- Does it scale better or all the mails of all the users get stored on the file system of every single user too?
- As with every site/app on ZeroNet: if you read/use a ZN site, it gets stored on your HD. So, all of its data.
Can I log in with my ZeroID ?
Yes, users can use both: ZeroID + ZeroVerse at mail@zeroverse
- If you want to help, translate this FAQ into your native language.
- You can find existing translations on github.