Very, very interesting... it seems to work... here's what I've done:
1. Checking one of my prior uploads to see if at least I on Kopy Kate am able to stream down my upload. I could !
2. Then... uploading a short video to ZeroTube. Output: Magnet link.
3. click, hold, drag & dropping said magnet link into WebTorrent. And that shit works !
4. going to Kopy Kate OFFICIAL, left-clicking on "+ Upload new video!"
5. in WebTorrent right-clicking on said video we've just placed into WebTorrent before and copying the magnet link from it
6. Placing said magnet link into Kopy Kate OFFICIAL upload page, section "Load a video from link" and left-click on the download button. Shit happens and it looks promising so far !
I will go along the procedure of my said prior successful upload:
Using firefox browser - new, private window (before making sure webRTC is on by config:about - media.peerconnection.enable 'true')
Going on Kopy Kate OFFICIAL - http://127.0.0.1:43110/1aCq7GiJfUfGZ4GftjYaYbsEngPFzcxvN/
right click on "+ Upload new video!" and open new tab with it
Under "Upload .mp4 file:" click on "search", look for the video you want to upload and confirm with "ok"
Type in Title, description, look online fore a nice pic of your video and copy its link and paste it in the respective field, choose the video category
Left-click, hold, drag & drop the "magnet link" into your WebTorrent.desktop - here's a screenshot how it looks like: https://abload.de/img/kopykateofficialuploa9ekiu.png
wait until WebTorrent.desktop is done with loading
Then on the upload page of Kopy Kate OFFICIAL click on the "add video" button
7. In the middle of it I'm trying to get the video running on Kopy Kate OFFICIAL upload page before clicking on "add video" button... and it runs :) ...
okay, now next stop "add video"
And after that, I will try to get the video also on that instant.io. Don't know much about that. It seems it's good for making the video more seeded and so available.
That's the whole point of this test: Making an upload more seeded and cross-platform without help of other people...
here's how it went:
8. went on instant.io
9. copied magnet link into it and pushed the "download" button
10. Then the site re-loads, loads the video and auto-plays it. Now a look into WebTorrent.desktop shows that the video has at least 4 peers. A visit of ZeroTube start page and a bit of waiting causes the "waiting for peers..." message to disappear. At the very same spot now the new upload appears, displaying is has 2,3, 5 peers. Clicking on it opens the ZeroTube site of this video and auto-plays it. But searching "video", finding same thumbnail & peer display linked to an error site, instead of that... so, it kind of works, in some ways it does, but on others not...
last on Mar 21, 2017
━ submitted by testuser789